Saturday, June 23, 2012

hmmm...

Today has been quite interesting. At ease and assured with everything. Haven't watched tv at all. The facebook thing is kind of tough. (failing a little at that one), no music other than praise and worship. It really has been a great day for working 16 hours. Just staying still and not focusing on any one thought or thing in particular. I have come to the realization that my calling is not where i was trying to place it or trying to narrow it down to.. I don't know what my calling is going to be. I know it has something to do with children. One thing I do know is that it is going to be huge. I am excited as God prepares me for it. It may be tomorrow, next week, next year or 5 years from now. Who knows. I just  am going to wait on him to tell me my next move. :) ...... an interesting thing happened to me today though. Most of you may not know my job or what I do at work. I am a housekeeper at the hospital. I usually clean patient rooms when they are discharged. Or I fill in and do an area where you clean the area along with cleaning the patient room while the patient is in there. Usually the patients are very quiet, hardly talk. Today I was cleaning a patient room and this lady started talking about her pain and everything she was going through and her worries. She said something about the Lord. I am not sure what it was. God  knudged me to, I guess it was witnessing looking back on it, talk to her. I was able to give her some words of encouragement about God and his healing and how if he brings us to it he will bring us through it. Well she said that the only way to get better was to ask for prayer. That she thought it was always silly for people to ask for prayer. I asked her if she would like me to pray for her, being knudged again. I was able to say a prayer for her and make her smile. When I was younger I would have been like no way, thats crazy. Why would I do that. And not listen to that knudge. After today and listening to that knudge I felt a warmth within my heart. Just knowing that my words and encouragement helped her to have a little more ease and remind her of what she already knew. I look forward to more knudges. Sounds silly but I think that, that is what makes us grow as a person in Christ and in ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment